Thursday, January 22, 2009

1st class response

I'm thrilled to be taking this course - my first adult education course in over 10 years, and my 3rd overall I believe. My impressions of our first class were excitement and comfort. I liked how engaged the students were. I'm excited to learn from this professor and while it sounds corney, to have a deeper meaning to what I'll be doing. Not just learning business stuff, but how to help others.

As I have been in the business courses I've taken over the last few years towards my MBA, I'm very interested and excited to learn new things. Things is too broad, but it covers all I'm referring to. The idea that an educator's responsibility is to be critically reflective, to know how to deliver material that will be received, to plan ahead for presentation, to plan how to assess: Everything in the classroom shoudl have an objective. Everything needs an appropriate instructional assessment metric.

I'm excited to develop my understanding of how to plan & teach adults. I'd like to see where it can take me in a career. I've long been feeling some emptiness in my marketinging jobs and wanting to turn my job duties into something that's more fulfilling.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome, AJP! I hope this class brings you a wealth of new information and knowledge. It's great to have a diverse group in this class to see how these techniques can be applied to all adults, regardless of job area or setting. I look forward to reading your reflections througout the semester!

    ReplyDelete