Thursday, March 19, 2009

Class #8 3/5/09 - guest professor & 1st DEMO

Meeting our tuest speaker Erica, who does instructional design as a job, added another person to my list of hopeful informational interviews in the future. I'd love to hear how she ended up where she is. I like what she does - althought I'm not sure I'm as tech-y as I would need to be to one day be able to do her job.

I was amazed at the different quality of e-learning she shared with us. Found it interesting she agreed with the text about the need to pilot things. I thought that was a bit silly in the text, but once hearing it from a lay person, was convinced.

I've decided I'd like to include in my 8-hour seminar plan: job aid, takeaway, card gaem, photo time line, hopefully some computer IT games to engage the tween audience.

As for our first teaching demo - I was very impressed. And excited. I hope to do as good of a job. It will require much preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment