Thursday, April 2, 2009

Class 3/26

Wow. I'm amazed at how clearly Aaron Paula was able to make the complicated subject of credit. And how cleaver and simple the neumonics lesson was.

It takes forethough and planning. Both of which I've not been able to make available to myself in my new temporary job as a trainer / line manager of 25 hourly workers reviewing documents.

Its essential to making myself look respectable and to ensuring comprehension. I've got to make changes in this job. The same way I'm approaching plannign out my 8-hour seminar and the 20 minute demo - I absolutely can and should use the lessons of this class in my new position. Even thought its temporary. Like I did today at work, I need to escape for an hour away from all their questions and think about how to motivate and engage them. How to double check everyone knows what their doing and is working fast & efficient enough.

Must connect with audience. Must establish clear objectives that they care about (even if only by $$). Must lay out what they need to do in clear simple steps. get them to tell the other what I just said. Get them to train new ones as they file in. That helps treat them with the respect they deserve. My 25 temporary hourly workers for the next month are my first group of adult learners. I want to use them to practice on. See if this training thing is really something I want to do and if i'm good at it and can enjoy it. I think so, but this is a great opportunity for a "pilot" for my own career asperiations. I need to take full advantage of it.

1 comment:

  1. Great! This will be a wonderful opportunity to see if this is something you want to do as a career. Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete